Delicious at any time of day; try them with fried eggs and avocado for brunch, or creamy tahini dressing and salad for dinner!
- 1 jar Turmeric & Ginger kimchi (250g)
- 1 large sweet potato, about 400g, peeled and grated
- 200g rice or gram flour (these have slightly different absorbencies so you may need to adjust the water quantity accordingly)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly, reserve a handful to serve
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- A splash of water, to combine
- 3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil, to fry
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Mix the kimchi, grated sweet potato, spring onions, soy sauce, baking powder and rice or gram flour together in a bowl. Add a splash of water and mix until a thick batter binds the potato and kimchi mixture.
Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a small amount of vegetable or coconut oil. Fry a teaspoon of mixture to check that it is binding together and the seasoning is right once cooked. Add more flour/water/soy sauce as needed. Then add a few plugs of oil to the pan and fry the rest of the mixture in heaped tablespoon batches until golden and crispy on each side.
You may want to keep the fritters warm in the oven while you fry in batches, depending on the size of your pan. Top with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.