Packing a punch with plenty of bold flavours and ready in under 20 minutes - this dish is a knock-out simple supper!
- 1/2 Cup The Cultured Collective White Miso & Turmeric Kimchi
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 750ml water
- 1/4 Cup beansprouts
- 1 Cup mixed stir fry veg
- 2 closed cup mushrooms (sliced)
- Noodles of choice (we like ready-cooked soba noodles)
- 2 TBS sweetcorn
- 1/2 Cup spinach
- 1/2 large fresh chilli (deseeded)
- 1 TBS coriander (diced) - to garnish
- 1x spring onion (sliced) - to garnish
- 2x Egg (optional)
1. Add the water to a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and dissolve the vegetable stock cube.
2. Now add the miso paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, turmeric and fresh ginger and mix thoroughly. Leave to simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
3. Now its time to add your fresh ingredients: toss in your sweetcorn, beansprouts, fresh chillies, mushrooms and carry on simmering on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, bring another small saucepan to the boil and add in your eggs. For soft boiled, cook for 6.5 minutes before plunging into cold water.
5. Once the vegetables have softened in the broth, add in your noodles of choice and spinach.
6. Heat through for another 2 minutes before taking off the heat. Finely dice half the Kimchi (reserve the other half for topping) and stir through the broth.
7. Serve up into two bowls and top with extra Kimchi, coriander and spring onion.
Recipe & image courtesy of Miss Holly P