Make the most of Britain's gorgeous Spring Asparagus by letting them take centre stage in this delicious vegetable tart.
- 1 320g sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 Goats Cheese Log (150g)
- 1 handfull fine asparagus (100g)
- 1 Courgette
- 1 TBS pine nuts
- 2 TBS pesto
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Original Caraway Kraut
1. Take your pre-rolled puff pastry out of the freezer and leave it to defrost on the side for about an hour
2. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
3. Whilst you are waiting for your pastry to defrost and oven to come to temperature, it's time to prep your other ingredients:Top & tail your courgette, then use a vegetable peeler to turn it into fine ribbons
4. Remove the woody ends to your asparagus spears, discard, and toss the spears in a little oil.
5. Slice the entire goats cheese log into half-centimetre rounds
6. Place your pine nuts in a pan and heat until they have taken on a nice golden brown colour
7. When your oven is preheated, place your asparagus spears on a baking tray, and allow them to partially cook in a pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and store to one side. Leave the oven on at this stage!
8. When your pastry is defrosted an pliable, roll it out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Score a line 1-2cm in from the edge of the sheet around the entire edge. Lightly prick the centre of the sheet with a fork - this will allow steam to escape as it cooks.
9. Now its time to assemble! How you choose to arrange your tart is entirely up to you, but be sure to only place ingredients inside your scored line. I like to start with laying my goat cheese rounds on the base, and evenly dolloping with pesto so that you've got a nice even covering. Then I randomly lay courgette ribbons and asparagus on top and finally, sprinkle with pine nuts and season to taste.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the borders are risen and golden brown.
11. Top with Original Caraway Kraut and serve!