This one-tray bake is a saviour for when you're needing a healthy supper in a hurry. Minimal mess, minimal fuss and meat-free to boot! Bulgar wheat is a high-fibre grain and there's plenty of veggies in here too to count towards your 5-a-day. Sauerkraut gives this simple recipe a little something extra - satisfying crunch and gut-friendly goodness.
You will need…
- 2 red peppers, cut into slices
- 300g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 100g Halloumi
- 100g Fennel, Apple & Dill Sauerkraut
- Handful of rocket
- 40g pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, skin on
- 2 TBS olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan/200C/gas 6
- Toss the sliced peppers, cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves in a large baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Scatter with salt and pepper.
- Once the oven is up to temperature, place the tray in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and scatter over the pine nuts. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once more and tip in the bulgur wheat. Gently stir it through the vegetables.
- Add the stock and mix well so that the wheat is submerged. Cover tightly with tinfoil, then return to
- the oven for a further 15 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on the stove. Cut the halloumi into 5mm slices, and pan fry on both sides until blistered and golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Allow to cool slightly. Scatter with rocket, sauerkraut and halloumi slices.