There's nothing more comforting and nourishing than a hot bowl of ramen. Our version of the classic Japanese noodle soup comes loaded with veggies and plant protein.
You will need...
4 Cups of vegetable broth (we like Borough Broth Company Apple & Miso but you can also you a good quality veggie stock if you prefer)
~400g ramen noodles
~280g extra firm tofu block (we like Tofoo Co)
1/2 Butternut Squash (cubed)
~100g mixed mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 large onion (diced)
2x garlic cloves (grated)
4 TBS The Cultured Collective Vegan Classic Kimchi
1 TBS miso paste (we like Miso Tasty)
2 TBS oil
4x spring onions (thinly sliced -white & green portion)
2x radish (thinly sliced)
1) Preheat the oven to 180. Spread the diced butternut squash onto a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 TBS oil. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes (or until tender) set aside.
2) Meanwhile, prepare the broth - over medium high heat, fry the onion in the remaining oil until tender and translucent. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Continue cook the onions until they are lightly browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will taste bitter!
3) Add the broth or stock to the pan along with mushrooms and miso, heat through for 10 minutes until flavours have combined and mushrooms are tender. (If it gets too salty for your taste, simply add a little more water)
4) In a separate pan crisp the tofu. Slice the block into 1/2 cm sections and pan fry on both sides until golden. Set aside.
5) Prepare noodles as per instructions
6) Assemble! Fill bowls with cooked noodles, crispy tofu and cooked squash. Ladle over the mushroom-miso broth and top with kimchi, spring onions and radish.