This all-American salad has been given a gut friendly, aniseed-ey twist with a generous helping of sauerkraut and fresh fennel. A classic combination of flavours that turn a few simple ingredients into something really special. If you'd like to stay in the more traditional camp, feel free to substitute the Natural Yoghurt for Mayo.
- 1x Mixed Leaf Salad Bag (~150g) we like Watercress, Rocket & Spinach
- 150g red grapes
- 100g Fennel, Soured Apple & Dill Kraut
- 60 g Walnuts
- 2 Apples (we like Pink Lady)
- 1 Fennel Bulb
For the Dressing
- 250ml Natural yoghurt
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Place the walnuts on a baking tray and roast for 5 to 10 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and roughly chop.
3. Trim the and discard the fennel fronds. Remove any soiled outer parts to the bulb, slice in half, then thinly slice. We love using a mandoline but a sharp knife works just fine.
4. De-core and finely slice the apples
5. Half the grapes
6. Arrange all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Scatter with walnuts, sauerkraut and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!