These Tex-Mex burritos come fully loaded with veggie goodness and are a tasty, hearty breakfast that’s easy to pull together when you're in a rush.
Black beans are a great source of fibre, protein, and folate. A must for carb-lovers, these low glycemic-index beans won’t spike your blood sugar, meaning you’ll feel fuller for longer and won’t be counting down to elevenses.
Recipe by plant-based wizard Bettina Campolucci Bordi of Bettina's Kitchen.
TOP TIP: Be generous with your sauerkraut. The smoky, herby kraut is the star of the show and pulls together these simple ingredients.
Makes 2 servings
- @the_cultured_collective Smoked Chipotle Sauerkraut (quantity according to your taste) - BUY HERE
- 2 tortillas
- 1 tin (240g) black beans, drained
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 3 tbsp plantbased sour cream
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into thin wedges and roasted (or any leftover roast veg)
- Lay the tortilla on a flat surface, and add to the centre some mashed avocado, 2 tbsp of black beans, a dollop of sour cream, some spring onions, tomato slices, some sweet potato and top with 1-2 tbsp of Culture Collective Smoked Chipotle Sauerkraut and some lettuce.
- Fold in each end and sides, then roll up to close. Wrap in brown greaseproof paper to hold the burrito closed, then slice in half.
- Eat straight away or pack in a container to take away.