Sweet Roast Butternut Squash & Sauerkraut Salad
We have some great seasonal produce around in the UK at this time of year so why not let the vegetables take centre stage by trying our Roast Butternut Squash and Sauerkraut Salad? This is hearty enough to enjoy as a light evening meal.
• 6 C Mixed leaves
• 1/2 Butternut Squash, cubed or thickly sliced
• 4 cloves of garlic, skin on, smashed
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• 1/4 Purple cabbage, shredded
• 40g Feta, crumbled
• 2 tbs mixed Spring onion, chives, parsley, finely sliced
• Pine nuts
• Pomegranate to serve (optional)
• Original Caraway Sauerkraut (Where To Buy)
For the Dressing
• 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 tsp grainy mustard
• salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 180C.
2) Put the sliced squash into a large mixing bowl and generously coat in olive oil. Season to taste.
2) Roast the squash until golden brown (approximately 30 minutes). Turn halfway through cooking.
3) Assemble all other ingredients in a large salad bowl.
4) Remove the cooked squash from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before placing in the salad bowl.
5) Mix all dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss through thoroughly and serve.