The most decadent and delicious of dishes to bring a little joy to your January. Our tartiflette has all the rich, comforting creaminess of the original version with added sauerkraut oomph. Serve alongside cornichons, salad greens and a crusty baguette.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1kg Charlotte potatoes, peeled
- KindaCo Mozzarellie x2 jars (400g)
- 1x jar The Cultured Collective Original Sauerkraut (235g)
- 250g Vegan bacon (diced)
- 200ml Vegan double cream
- 100ml white wine
- 3 shallots (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C, Gas 7.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5-10 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan until hot and fry the bacon, shallots, garlic and ¾ jar of sauerkraut (~150g) for 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Add the white wine to the pan and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and layer into an ovenproof gratin dish with the bacon mixture and mozarellie. Pour over the double cream. Season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbling.
- Serve alongside the remaining sauerkraut, cornichons, green leaves and a crusty baguette.