A tasty, healthy meal that’s ready in 10 minutes or less from plant-based wizard Bettina Campolucci Bordi of Bettina's Kitchen. Perfect for WFH lunches, hump-day dinners and last-minute suppers.
TOP TIP: Be generous with your kimchi. Kimchi is the star of the show and pulls together these simple ingredients, elevating them into a meal.
Before tucking in, mix everything together and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
1x 250g packet microwave rice
2 carrots, julienned (we use multicoloured)
1 spring onion, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
¼ red pepper, finely diced
5 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
½ red chilli, thinly sliced
1 tsp sesame seeds (black or white)
1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
Pickled Red Onions
2 red onions (thinly sliced)
4 tbsp of brown sugar
120ml apple cider vinegar
- Microwave the rice as per packet instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile prep Bettina's Kitchen Quick Pickled Red Onions: Thinly slice the red onions. Add the onions, sugar and apple cider vinegar together and mix well. (This will make about 8 portions, store the remainder in a glass jar in the fridge for future use).
- Prep all other veg ingredients.
- Place half the rice in 2 serving bowls.
- Divide all other veggies in half and layer on top of the rice.
- Top with kimchi, chilli, pomegranate seeds, pickled onion and sesame seeds.
Feel free to swap out the veggie toppings with whatever you have available in your fridge. To make the bowl heartier, add a portion of your preferred protein. We love to enjoy this with salmon, teriyaki chicken and tempeh.